*BIG sigh of RELIEF!*
I don't know whether to laugh or cry! I checked my grades for all 3 of my classes, and only 1 of them had the final FINAL grades posted. The other 2 still needed the week 10 items graded. I'm very nervous. For my A&P II class, I never did the final paper. My grade so far without it is a 95, but that's not including the final exam (which I did bad on...72 I think), and that damned final paper. I'm hoping it won't drop me down too low, because I wanted to have those A's when I finished school.
It's my own fault really, but I'm blaming it all on my "husband" and all the shit he's done to me. I'm even angrier at myself for letting it bother me so much. I should NOT have let this interfere too much with all that I had to do for school. That's why I'm hoping that this move is just what I need. Some time to clear my head, at least.
In other news, a good friend of mine made contact with me a couple of days ago. We sat there and IMed each other for a good while, because it's been over a year since the last time we spoke. I told him about my problems (he was always such a great listener when we used to work at Wal-mart together) and told him about my upcoming move. He asked how far that was from El Paso (where he lives now), and when I told him, he was like "Oh cool, maybe I could go visit you every once in awhile?!" I told him that would be like the best thing ever. We could go to the big town and let loose! If he's game, so am I! And no, this wouldn't be a "romantic" relationship. He's told me he never wants to get married and "settle down" because there's so much he wants to do in his life, and places he wants to see, and he feels having a family (even without children) would only interfere. He's not a jerk in any way, but he's got some very weird views on life in my opinion. Unless it's just me.....? Anyhoo, I hope he really does visit when he can. He's such great fun to be with. But I guess we'll see!
That sounds really exciting! He sounds like a true winner! Guys who push marriage and stuff like that are the true asshats because no guy can truly settle down and they know that...they are controlled by there hormones and sooner or later will brake down if the girl is persistant and some guys don't even try but any guy who expects a woman to commit to them is playing a one sided game of how long can I trick her into doing what I want before she realizes that I am a jerk just like the rest of them...he sounds like a good friend and a reasonable man and that is a very rare find indeed. :)
ReplyDeleteKatie-kat!!! Girl, I was starting to wonder about you! And yeah, he really is a good friend. It breaks my heart sometimes to see him "alone" and without someone sharing his life, but it's his choice. At least he's man enough to admit to himself what he does and does not want in his life. I respect him dearly for that. But there are times I wonder if he feels alone in his life? There's so many things to share with other people, to be standing alone. I just hope his life is full of good friends to share his adventures with.
ReplyDelete