I am just enjoying tonight so much! I was finally able to purchase a laptop and today I went for my Wi-Fi equipment and set everything up. I feel like I've finally stepped into the 20th century! Now I just need the 21st....dang it! I can never stay ahead!
Just thought I'd write and mention how much I'm enjoying reading every one's posts. And also to thank everybody who comments to mine. Katie, I hope you check my responses to one of the comments you made on my 2nd post! :)
I was sitting here on my bed (now that I'm mobile!) and listening to my little boy snore. Well, it's not really a snore...more of a very deep breath each time he breathes. It took me back to when he was born and I would just watch him and his twin sister (who's fighting sleep by staying in the living room watching TV...little booger!). I can't believe how fast time flew from that day to this one. She's already trying to talk and form words, while he's intent of getting in your face every time he "talks" which is more of a caveman's grunt. Every time he's saying something to his daddy, my husband will look at me and kind of give me that look that says "What's he saying?" I keep telling him I haven't translated that language yet. I'll just go along with whatever he's saying and laugh and smile with him. He's such a beautiful little boy. I believe John Lennon sang it best in "Beautiful Boy".
And my little girl.......boy is she something else. She's developing quite a powerful little presence at her young age. She's a mover and a shaker (literally). Every time I turn on the radio and put on one of my favorite Cd's, she'll stand right in front of the stereo and just shake her little hips left to right and go with the rhythm. And when she gets mad, everybody clear the room! She goes into hypersonic mode, which makes me really glad that I don't have any glass dishes or knick-knacks in my house. They'd all be broken. I'm working on getting her to stop doing that. I'd hate for her to have a "moment" while we're out shopping or something. But she is such the little princess. She loves wearing little dresses, carrying baby dolls, and especially having a purse. She's super-glued to my side usually every second of the day, except of course when she's fighting sleep and hiding in the other room! She's closer to me though, than my older two daughters are. Maybe because I've been able to stay home with her and her brother than having to go to work almost everyday like with my 3 oldest. I think moms who have the opportunity to stay at home and raise their children are the luckiest people in the world. I'm definitely enjoying my moments with my babies.
LOL! My youngest is already 3 and I can't believe it! Reading your post today took me back to when my little monster was babbling away with complete nonsense! So cute! I hadn't been checking the blogs lately...oops....sorry...but the first thing I did was check the comments and read the first post I missed back up to this one but thanks for the tip because I hate how this blogspot place doesn't alert me to new comments!! Grrrr! I love little girls! They are so adorable! I have all boys but my best girlfriend has a girl that is one year to the day younger than my baby. My boys all fight over who is going to get to marry her! LOL
ReplyDeleteHey Yolanda,
ReplyDeleteEnjoy them while they are growing up , both of my boys grew up too fast for me. My oldest son is 26 and my youngest is 21. I miss those little things you were describing about your children. Congratulation on your purchase of a laptop , when I finally got mine a year ago ,I felt the same way.
Lol, I know right?! I am enjoying them. With my twins it's different, too. They add a little more special something. It's the best thing in the world having twins.
ReplyDeleteAt the same time it's also very bittersweet. Having them around always make me and my mom think more of my grandmother. She died in November of '04. My grandmother had twins and out of all of us grandchildren, I'm the only one who's had them also. My mom was the twin. We lost her other half the beginning of June in '08. So besides remembering him, we always think of my grandmother and what she went through raising them (I had 5 kids just like she did). I always think about her and wish she was around to ask her some of the questions that always seem to pop up in my mind. I always wonder if we would've gotten any closer having that similarity between us. She would've loved them to death. My mom often mentions that my twins are similar to what she and my uncle were like, from what my grandmother used to tell her about themselves. It's just amazing what they're all like. I miss her so much. I just hope she's enjoying watching them grow up.
Five--wow!
ReplyDeleteYou are a busy lady. They do grow up so fast. You will enjoy your new laptop.
Yes, Professor! Especially since I don't have to stay stuck in the room that my desktop is in. I can actually move around the house now where my kids are. Especially at night when my twins are laid down, I can stay there with them until they fall asleep, without wasting time that could be put towards my school work. They would always get up and go back and forth between their bed and me, so this has definitely helped!
ReplyDelete