Well, I'm glad this is coming in handy! I may be able to stick to writing a daily journal after all! Just thought I'd leave a word or two about how glad I am that I come from such strong stock. Most days I feel so unappreciated at home, except of course by my bunch of munchikins. In their eyes, I can still do no wrong........yet. I'll hold onto that as long as I possibly can! I guess the feeling can be personified to that of Superman never losing his cape or changing back into Clark Kent. He's just always, immortally a hero.
My oldest is at a lock-in at school right now. I have an hour before I need to go pick her up. I still remember giving her life. She looked like such an ugly little martian! But after they cleaned her up, she was the most beautiful little girl I'd ever laid my eyes on. My mom stated right away that she needed a haircut...............lol, Moms! She was so overcome with emotion of having her first grandchild that she said such silly little things that day. I have a picture of my mom where she's standing looking my way with her hand on her chest while my daughter is getting cleaned off at the opposite end of the hospital room. Her eyes are all teary, and even though the quality of the picture isn't that great (before my digital camera), it still evokes so much emotion. Makes me teary-eyed every time I look at it. It's hard to believe she's going to be 8 in a few short months. Couldn't she just stay little?
No comments:
Post a Comment