Monday, March 22, 2010

Unit 7

Wooooooooaaaaaaah! I almost went a week without posting a blog! I'm glad I caught myself in enough time to enter one. I would've been in so much trouble!
Well anyway, I'm still trying to get over the fact that there's only 2 weeks left of class. I don't know about the rest of you, but for some reason, I'm starting to stress out a whole lot more in this class than I ever have before in any other class. For some reason, this is draining me. And I usually love writing, so I'm getting nervous about the upcoming couple of weeks. On top of school and kids, I've also been trying to get my apartment cleaned up, as well as look for a bigger one. I swear, sometimes I think of selling everything but the basics so that I don't have to deal with all this crap! My kids are such a mess! The other day, it took me almost ALL day to clean the living room, the kitchen, and the dining area that connects the two. I had it all nice and spotless and looking so purtty. That night, after I put the last of the odds and ends up, my kids have another mess on the floor! I was so exhausted, I almost cried. I know, wah wah wah, I sound like a baby. But it was just the stress getting to me. So I took a deep breath, sighed deeply, and just cleaned it up like a good girl. I had my 3 oldest clean up the little mess they made and then we all sat down and chillaxed with a good movie on tv until it was time for bed (which was around 1 in the morning that day!).
I was so upset with my cable service, too. I was going to order the new Twilight movie so that we could all have a good time and eat popcorn, but apparently I have to have my password (which I've forgotten since I first programmed it!) and the guy on the phone said there was nothing they could do on their end, not even reset it. So I'm wondering if I go down to my local office here, if they'd be able to do anything? I don't know. I guess it's worth a shot anyway. I just wish it wasn't so far away. Maybe I just need to find a place that's closer to everything? Oh well, enough ramblings for now I guess. I need to get the rest of this week's work out of the way. 'Night all!

5 comments:

  1. I read a post about a friend that cleaned out her house of everything that she did not need and she had a big yard sale. You might want to consider it. I remember how it was when my girls were little!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!

    I thought living with 3 kids is bad, but it sounds like you have your hands full.. I'm a clean freak myself, so training the twins (10 years old) to clean up after themselves is proving to be a challenge. The 17 that lives here thinks she doesn't have to do anything. I get really exhausted trying to get her to do anything. When I was her age, I was always the one to help out and try to make it easier for my parents. I just think that today's generation is getting lazy..Keep up the good work. Once graduation is upon us, we will all be proud of the accomplishment that we made, and I know you will look back, and think that you did a wonderful job, working, raising your children, and going to school. Because you did.

    Good luck with your studies
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Professor,
    I have most definitely thought of that! But I need to do it during the summer. I'm always watching the clock when my kids are in school, so I try not to do so much, so that I won't miss picking them up. Since my 5 year-old is in pre-K, he gets out at 11 am, after only 3 hours. Then my 2 oldest girls get out at 3 pm. I forgot to pick my son up once because I had gotten so busy cleaning the apartment, so I've made sure never to do that again. It was so sad to see him sitting by himself in the office, waiting for someone to pick him up that I almost cried! The bad thing for me, is that I have the whole apartment to go through, the apartment storage, and then the bigger storage that I have for the stuff that doesn't fit in the apartment storage or the apartment! That is one of my goals for this summer. I know if I clear everything out, and get rid of all the clothes, shoes, and toys that the kids have out-grown, I'll be able to get a much smaller storage, thus also saving me money! And my mom said I could have a garage sale at her house, since I live in an apartment where we're not allowed to have garage sales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sara!
    Yes, 5 kids is proving out to be a whirlwind adventure! My twins are my youngest, so they're not really at an age that they can clean up after themselves yet. But if I see them throwing something on the floor, I definitely make them pick it up. They're bad about throwing their sippy-cups all over the apartment, so every time I clean, I find some scattered through-out!
    And I completely agree with you about the laziness. It seems that each generation is losing sight of a good work ethic. I know every time that I see my mom doing some of the stuff she still does at her age, I'm the one who feels so lazy. I get so tired doing anything it seems. And I'm a very organizational kind of person; I have to have everything in a specific spot. So when my kids don't return a room to its previous state of cleanliness, I get discouraged. I remember when I was younger, I always had everything organized. Nothing was ever out of place. Even my stuffed animals would be organized neatly on my bed. My mom told me she used to love going into my room because it was always clean. Her and my brother are the tornados, their rooms have always been a mess. She tries to justify me by saying that I have 5 kids, whereas she only had 2. But that's a mom for you! I just need to find ways to stay on top, that way my kids will grow up with a better clean ethic than what they have now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yolanda,

    The one thing that I have learned by going back to school is trying not to let the fact that the cleaning is being set on the back burner, and let me tell you it still bothers me when I can't find the time to clean. Sometimes it gets so bad, that I can't consintrate on my homework, and then I have to stop and clean up before I can focus on my work. I'm getting better though at letting things slide for the day, but come Saturday everything gets cleaned for sure!!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete